In this post, we will be revealing 5 Best Code Editors for Web Developers that will help you write the most efficient code for your next project.
Every year there are major developments in the technology industry from Artificial Intelligence to robust smart devices. Many new programming languages are emerging every year.
The world needs more efficient programmers who can write a seamless amount of clean and optimised code.
For writing an optimised and error-free code, its necessary for a programmer to choose among the best code editors. So you are one step closer to becoming a pro in this field.
A good code editor helps in the increasing the efficiency of the developer along with providing an instant detailing of the code which further helps in avoiding some of the most common programming mistakes.
So, here is the list containing the 5 Best Code Editors for Web Developers that will help a developer write highly optimized code.
Sublime is a lightweight, compact but powerful editor. It provides powerful IDE-like features along with Python Scripting and with an ability to customize the editor and let the coders program with great speed and efficiency.
There are many code editors which support the black background for the enhanced view and Sublime Text is one of them.
If you are starting with the basics of programming Sublime is the best code editors for web developers.
Sublime offers a handful of packages which you can use to extend the functionality of editor.
1. Multi-Line select and editing
2. Offers a cross-platform support
3. Fully customizable
4. Haxe and OpenFL integration via plugin support
5. Syntax detection and highlighting the error
1. Poor Support for Linux
2. Opening big files takes time
3. Crashes Frequently
4. The much-used package manager is missing from the software
Visual Studio Code is powered by Microsoft which make writing code a lot easier that’s why Visual Studio Code is the best code editors for web developers.
It can be used on any major platform like Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. The biggest feature of this code editor is that it provides an enriching programming experience to developers without letting them download the massive Visual Studio editions file which is approximately 3GB in size.
The application is very lightweight and does not consume much of the RAM and promotes fast access and implementation.
1. Supports more than 30 programming languages including Microsoft’s core language ASP.NET, C#, etc.
2. The application installs in very less time due to its compact size.
3. Visual Studio Code also has a portable version to download in the supported devices.
4. Enables GitHub control and offers to debug features.
1. The software takes a huge time in updating on Linux systems.
2. Calls for an immediate improvement in the extension support.
Atom is developed by GitHub’s greatest minds and looks very similar to the Sublime Text. The interface looks just like the clone of the Sublime editor.
Many programmers would feel more comfortable in using Atom as it has got a simple interface as compared to the Sublime Text.
Atom is the best code editors for web developers by developers. The community is very active online in term of resolving issues.
Atom is among those few code editors that is regularly updated with new functionalities and bug fixes.
1. Easy to navigate interface
2. Supports Command Palette
3. Special Developer Tools
4. Package Manager Integrated with Plugins support
5. Customizing UI is easier as compared to other code editors
6. The GitHub community is pretty active in getting any issues resolved if the developer is stuck somewhere while programming
7. Fuzzy File Finder
1. Slow as compared to other text editors
2. Difficulty in handling large files
Brackets is in sync with your browser. With Live Preview, Brackets works directly with your browser to push code edits instantly and jump back and forth between your real source code and the browser view.
1. Easy to navigate interface
2. Image preview within editor
3. Live reload / Live Sync
4. Nice themes included
1. Not many packages available to extend
2. Slow as compared to Sublime Text
Notepad++ is an advanced and feature rich editor. The application supports various programming languages, but it is typically known for being the best HTML editor.
Many advance code editors don’t provide the option for Code Highlighting in case of any mistake in the code but, Notepad++ supports this functionality and helps in writing error-free code.
1. Being built for the Windows platform
2. The interface supports tabbed editing.
3. Add Bookmarks for future concerns
4. Full-Screen Mode
5. Minimize to tray window
6. Smart syntax highlighting
7. FTP support
1. Remote file editing does not support HTTP, SSH or WebDev
2. Does not support large files
3. Not available for Mac or Linux